Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow and yet more snow!

Well as almost everyone in the uk is well aware, we have been under a white blanket for a couple of weeks now and I have been busy walking about doing errands of one kind or another for family and neighbours!

I really haven't managed to get much done in the way of painting, I have no commissions in the offing and my prize portrait owner is still trying to select a favourite photograph leaving me with time on my hands........... so I spent an afternoon working on snow sculpture in honour of a little present bought to me by the snow :-)

Can you tell what it is yet?

Well here is my Jack Russell "Milo" inspecting the snow version and here is our new lodger/foster baby "Tabatha Snow" who I found freezing cold and lost in the snow exactly a week ago .........despite extensive searching I have been unable to track down her owner so it looks as if I may have been adopted!..................................isn't she cute x

4 comments:

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

She's beautiful Kay and I love the snow cat too ;-)

pett paintings said...

Thank you Geraldine, I'm really hoping she gets to stay for good then I'll have a beautiful feline model like your Maisie :-)

Sue Clinker said...

No snow here in Fuerteventura Kay :o)

I love your new friend and hope you get to keep her if her owners don´t come forward soon. Look forward to seeing a portrait or two of her soon

pett paintings said...

Hi Sue.... Glad you got there in the end the snow has all but disappeared from here too now, just the remnants of my snow cat in the garden:-)