Friday, August 07, 2009

Heading for meltdown!


It's strange how "viral" the internet can be, my website has experienced a sudden deluge of entries to my "win a pet portrait" competition, I can only imagine this is due to word of mouth amongst the pet owning public as I have done zilch to promote it outside my site? that said, I am flabbergasted, grateful and inspired by the sheer number of folk who would like a painting by me enough to submit an entry, if these were all paying clients I'm sure I would be gainfully employed from now until I retired ;-)
Oh well massive thanks to all entrants for boosting my morale
I am currently mulling over the possibilty of a couple of extra "runner up" prizes which will be announced later in the year.
Meanwhile anyone passing by my website please feel free to add your vote for the best photo~ it's worth a look as there are so many gorgeous,cute and funny animals to feast your eyes on.

Back in the real world I have also been having a creative splurge and I currently have 10 paintings on the go at various stages of drying and progress! as a result of all this activity my studio (spare bedroom) has become something of a tip so I really must create a gap in this current burst of creativity to have a housekeeping day :-( as they say "all good things....................

5 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

I like Quentin Crisps' philosophy "There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse".


I've been in this house 2 years so far - so halfway there then!

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

Hi Kay,
your 'studio" ie spare bedroom looks very similar to my "studio" ie spare bedroom ;-)

Jo said...

Forget the housework!!

Unknown said...

Your spare bedroom studio looks postively immaculate compared to mine LOL!!!!

pett paintings said...

I guess I can forget the housework since I seem to have full back up from you girls ;-)