Friday, January 07, 2011

2011 already

Well that crept up on us....I'm still reeling from all the changes in my life at the end of 2010 ;-)
and here we are already knocking on the door to the second week of 2011....so far things have been very busy for me............ Kimba has been keeping me on my toes and amazingly in spite of the vast amount of junk I consumed over Christmas I seem to have lost some weight :-)


On the work front I have had a small flurry of new portrait enquiries and a tempting proposition for a series of commissions so that is a very promising start to the year.
I have finally completed two commissions from the end of 2010 both depict JRT's one young smooth coated and two elderly rough coated but all exceptionally cute!




Here are Tracker & Poppy a really lovely old "couple" who I had the total pleasure of painting in pastels, the painting is A3 size and has now been safely delivered to their proud owners.

And below is Toby, a young Jrt full of character who's owners wanted a more contemporary style for their painting to suit their home so I painted Toby in an unusual composition using acrylics on a square 30 x 30 cm gallery wrap canvas

5 comments:

Jan said...

Both portraits are very lovely and I know the owners are pleased. You've made the transition to acrylics without a hitch as the second JRT is really super. Of course, all the acrylics that I've seen of yours have been outstanding.

May all the good of the first weeks of 2011 follow you the rest of the year!

Sue Clinker said...

Lovely work Kay .. I particularly like the rough coated mutties :o)

Good to hear you have commissions in the pipeline and I'm VERY intrigued about your 'tempting proposition'


Do tell :o) !!!!

pett paintings said...

Hi Jan & Sue, sorry Sue, it's too early to spill the beans on the project I've been asked to work on (could all go pear shaped yet)but rest assured you will be first to know if I manage to pull it off
:-)
@Jan I have several more acrylics in the pipeline so I'm glad you think I have got to grips with it :-) the mini e-bay paintings were good practice! (still don't enjoy it as a medium though)
xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful work as ever Kay! I'd say ditch the acrylics if you don't enjoy them though, life is too short...

pett paintings said...

Thanks Laura, I don't intend to use them frequently, but they are soooo practical for sending/framing and speed of use....I just wish they were more "me" LOL